Feb 10, 2022: User Interface & Experience
UX stands for User Experience and is defined as all aspects of the product, such as a landing page, website, the product itself, the community, the service, all of it, as experienced by the user. User Experience can also be defined as any interaction a user has with a product or service.
What is a UI?
UI design stands for User Interface. It includes all sorts of visual elements, interaction, or animation, the buttons users click, the text they read, images, sliders, and all the rest of the items the user interacts with.
Why is UX important?
● A great UX could increase the conversion rate of a website by 400%.
● Increase users’ willingness to pay by 14.4%.
● Reduce users reluctance to switch brands by 15.8%
● Boosts users’ likelihood to recommend a product by 16.6%.
● Lower the support cost.
● It also supports search engine optimization.
● It also helps increase brand loyalty.
● Having the right UX saves cost in the long run.
These six principles can help you improve your user or customer experience, your service or product, and hopefully increase your revenue.
● Your product should be useful, it should solve a problem, it needs to have a purpose.
● It should be usable and efficient.
● It should be accessible so that users can find what they need in your product or service.
● It should be credible, users need to trust your brand.
● The product needs to be desirable. If you create a friendly experience and if it’s pleasant to use, the user will desire to use it.
● All should create value. You need to make sure that your product is valuable for users and valuable for you as a business.
Essential questions to ask when you starting or building your UX/UI design :
➤Who are you designing for?
➤What problem are you solving?
➤How you can make it valuable?
➤How is it going to solve the problem?
➤How to make it user-friendly?
➤What are the constraints?